Camden "Beethoven" Russell
The "older" grandkids
ALL the grandkids-you can see the twins are trying to be escape artists!


ALL the grandkids-you can see the twins are trying to be escape artists!

Casey before his haircut...
Camden in his bubble "baff"

Quinn on Mothers Day

My Mom

My sister and sister in law.

Camden in his bubble "baff"

Quinn on Mothers Day

My Mom

My sister and sister in law.
I'm not even sure what time it was Sunday morning, but I heard a knock at our bedroom door..... Being that this happens on a daily basis, I had forgotten that it was Mother's Day, and I bellowed out, "What do you want?" or something to that effect. Poor Mikaila, she was sitting outside our door with Mommy's breakfast waiting on a pink tray. Both Quinn and Mikaila wanted to do something for me. They thought maybe waffles and syrup and then they knew I was trying to be a little more careful about what I ate. Soooo, the thoughtful children that they are, had my Total cereal, with a hint of brown sugar (like I always have it), a banana, and some vanilla yogurt. I could tell they were really trying to think what I would want to eat, not just what they wanted to throw together for me! Joel was downstairs, busy cleaning like a madman since early that morning.-Thank you.
Mikaila had made me some very nice things at school, Quinn had asked me a few weeks prior if I liked poetry...I thought for a minute and then told him yes, I do! So, I received the BEST poetry a mom could get, a lot of meaningful words, not just your typical little rhymes. I think I was about to cry! Ashleigh was sweet and offered to give me both a pedicure and facial later that evening. We got to the pedicure, and then it was getting kind of late and they all had school the next day.
Thank you for my nice card, Mom.
Earlier that day, we had spent it at my sister and brother in laws house. Some chicken, and all the yummy sides that people had brought.
We had gotten my mom a pack of seeds to plant from each member of the Russell family-hopefully they will grow and she can think of each one of us, when they do. Not the most extravagent gift in the world, but I hope they will become healthy plants that will be of some use someday. :)
Joel's Mom was very sweet and gave me a gift bag filled with just the most perfect gifts that I could use-loved every last thing in it!
I would be stretching the truth if I said it was the most relaxing day I've ever had, because it really wasn't. HOWEVER, the very most important people whom I love very much, made me feel very special that day and I felt honored to be their Mom!
3 comments:
Glad you felt pampered. It was a wonderful day!
You are so worth it.
Donna
You deserve every minute of it! So cute that the kids made a breakfast you could really enjoy. It's so fun to actually enjoy a Mother's Day and know your kiddos love you!
Post a Comment