Monday, August 3, 2009

A New School Year Is Always Exciting!

Our future 8th grade graduate!
Somebody got a hold of my camera!!
What a nice mother Ashleigh must have....taking the time to straighten her hair!!

Quinn with his teacher.
Lookin Good!!
Quinn

The girls flashing mom a smile!
The twins "reading"
Captain Camden Underpants!
The twins watching Daddy.
Joel yesterday.
This year we really didn't do any school shopping until the weekend of school starting. Of course, we went to meet the teacher night last Thursday and Friday and that's always a nail biter as to which teacher the kids are going to get! Mikaila's teacher is new to their school, Quinn got his first male teacher, and Ashleigh has a whole slew of teachers! Being in 8th grade this year, she is Queen of the 6th and 7th graders-just wait till next year....Frosh!

Well, I looked at the clock this morning and it was a little after 6am, and I thought I better get up and get my shower...big mistake to go downstairs first! Getting the little guys their breakfast, straightening Mikaila's hair and then straightening Ashleigh's hair-very time consuming! Good thing Quinn can just slap some gel in his hair, and look good! It's now 7:15, I have 15 minutes to shower (shaving legs too, mind you!) and be out the door by 7:30. We got a few before school photos, as we do every single year and will continue to do so- whether they want to or not! :)

After Joel and I were gone almost all day, just being out and about, it was time to pick Q & M up at 2:45. They both had nothing but great things to say about their day. Quinn says his teacher has a good sense of humor.....I think having a guy teacher this year will be fun for him. Mikaila said her teacher was very nice. Sooo, I'm just waiting to see what Ashleigh's report is any minute now-she's not home yet.

Ok...she said that she liked seeing all of her friends again, but wasn't overly thrilled with her choice of teachers. She did say her math teacher seemed nice.

That's a start....hopefully it will improve from there. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh - no photo of Quinn?


Gr. Donna

Anonymous said...

So sorry Mary, I guess you weren't finished posting photos. I see lots of pics of Quinn now! Great photos! Everyone looks so excited to be going back to school. Lots of smiles!!

Donna

OneHappyfamily said...

Oh lucky Quinn. I think every kid should have a male teacher at some point. Male teachers ROCK! How can our babies be graduating this year!