We opted not to buy costumes this year, and try to put our creative skills to work a little bit. I thought of the idea of having Mikaila be a flapper, and the boys dressed as gangsters from that era. I had no idea how we would pull off a flapper dress, without possibly borrowing one from someone-no luck there. I looked in my closet and thought that a layered top, and a black layered ruffled skirt might work. "Mikaila, come try this on real quick!" I thought it definately would work for what we needed it for. The boys had suits in their closets (one was Quinn's from Grandma Donna's wedding, and was actually being stored amongst all of the other "memories" in bins). A few accessories from the dollar store, and that was the extent of our expenditures this Halloween. Which to me, makes way more sense then spending $60.00 on three costumes that they probably won't fit into a year from now anyways, nor would they have any desire to where!
Quinn asked us if he could go hang out at a friend's house, while we were out trick or treating and Ashleigh was also with a friend. She spent the night over there afterwards. Yes, I know what nice parents she has-letting her stay somewhere on a school night!
Quinn apparently shoved some dress clothes in a bag (which I didn't realize) in case him and his friend went trick or treating at a few houses. When someone asked him what he was dressed up as, he said, "A Salsa instructor!" I started cracking up when he told me! Had I known he was going to go around and hit some houses for candy, we would have come up with a costume for him too-silly boy!
Another fun, and successful Halloween!!
Happy Halloween! Camden let Mikaila carve his little pumpkin he got from school.
No bootleggin, just candy grabbin' gangsters!
Little Vinny and Al Capone! Better watch your back!!!!Our beautiful little flapper!
How Youz Doin?!
TRiCk or TReaT!
3 comments:
Oh my word are they precious or what?!? Mikaila is adorable and the twins are just too much! Great job on costumes mom & dad!!! I love all three!!! You just made my day!
Mom/Grandma Donna
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Very cute costumes. Very creative. Glad the kids had fun
Lollipop, you are a beauty!
Grandma Donna
xoxoxoxoxoxox
Post a Comment