Monday, July 28, 2008

Back To School

How embarrassing, I started setting up this blog at the beginning of the year and it's now the beginning of August! Alot has happened in over 6 months time; from having our house on the market forever without a bite, to finally selling it, moving in with Joel's mom and step-dad and breathing a huge sigh of relief that we actually moved in to our new house! We have already met several neighbors and the kids already have some friends and even done a sleepover! What a change from the old neighborhood where they really knew nobody and everybody kind of kept to themselves-I guess that's what happens when you are in a neighborhood where most people already lived there for 10 to 20 years. In a new neighborhood everybody is anxious to meet people!
I've done some decorating to our living room area and there's plenty of projects theat I'm sure we'll face in the future. It's nice knowing there's alot of potential and when we get to it, it will be rewarding!
We started a new church and have gone to both there Saturday eve. service and there Sunday morning one. They have two times where there is a Jr. High service, and so we try to go to it so Ashleigh can get connected. I don't think there's anyway that we will ever make it to the 8:30 AM service, that's pushing it a little for all of us to be out the door by 8:00!
Quinn and Mikaila seem to have a lot of fun there and Camden and Casey are sometimes alittle sad when we drop them off but then their fine.

The kids will be starting a new school in less than a week, I can hardly believe it! It's called Verrado Elem. and Verrado Middle Sch. We get to meet their teachers and get our little tour of the schools this Thursday and Friday. Starting somewhere new is never easy, but I honestly think they'll be just fine and make friends quickly.

I'm hoping to join a group for parents with multiples, and have meant to do so for quite some time. They meet once a month and have all sorts of activities and functions and get togethers. I think it will be neat connecting with other parents who really know what raising multiples is all about. As I'm writing this, I just was informed that my twin boys are putting little flashlights in the toilet!!! Life may be crazy, but we are blessed to have 5 kids who love us every bit as much as we love them!

2 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

Rah rah siss boom bah!

A Full House said...

Hooray for blogging friends (and sisters)!