Friday, February 6, 2009

Big News! (In Our Home, Anyways!!)

This really wasn't supposed to look like some "underwear model" picture, but hey, Casey's only two and Mommy didn't notice when she was taking his picture. :)
Let me just say, that I have made a few attempts at the whole potty training thing, but after doing everything under the sun for more than 45 minutes sometimes, I get a little frustrated. Ok. I have one of the boys on the Elmo potty, and one on the "big" potty (w/ a little seat on it). I read to them, have them drink alot, have water trickling in the bathtub, give them the "chills" on their back, swap potty seats, and anything else that I could possibly do! NOTHING! C'mon, I know they have to go, but my ray of hope came this past Wednesday, Casey went number 2 in the potty. Oh my goodness, I was so excited...clapping, hugging him, gave him candy, high fives. (I know, just what you needed to know).

Just any sign that they actually had an interest in using the potty was all I needed. Now if that wasn't enough excitement for one day, Mikaila had been saving up her "starbucks" at school to eat with her principal. I received two different calls from the school that day, the first one was from the nurse at the middle school saying that Ashleigh had accidentally been hit in the face w/ the lacrosse stick from some other girl. Painful, but ast least she survived. The other call was from Mikaila's principal saying what a treat it was to have lunch with her and how polite and well behaved she was. Wow, those are definately words you like hearing-especially from the principal. Woo hoo!
Lastly, Ashleigh went rock climbing with the Jr. High group at church this past Wednesday and the funny thing was, Quinn's friend from school asked if Quinn would like to go rock climbing-it ended up it was at the same place and they saw each other there. Quinn's first time, and he seemed to have alot of fun. :)

3 comments:

Michael said...

COngrats on the whole potty training thing....can't wait til I have to go through all that. Ouch, That Lacrosse stick must have hurt. Glad to hear she's okay. Maybe if we ever make it out there again, you all can teach us a thing or 2 about rock climbing. SOunds like fun. Glad to hear you're all doing well.

Anonymous said...

Calvin Klein called and want's casey to star in his next photo shoot. Hey we can use the $$.

OneHappyfamily said...

Whooooooo!