Tuesday, January 12, 2010

R Weekend

"Daddy of the day award" goes to........
Sissy & Camden Saturday morning.
Strong little Case, bringing his tube back up the hill.
The sky looks amazing!
Cam
Case
Quinn & Camden
This past weekend was a new experience for the twins.....SNOW! We had been talking about going for several weekends, and it just didn't happen.

Well, when Mikaila got a phone call from her best friend (who she only gets to see like twice a year) inviting her to her slumber party the same day we are supposed to go to the snow.....well, let's just say Quinn was a bit upset. Ok. we can figure this out, and make everyone happy somehow! Another factor into the weekend was me being able to get back to finishing the painting I had previously started in Ashleigh's room.

So, Joel was going to take the boys to the snow, by way of dropping Ashleigh and Mikaila off at their friend's house and I would have a house to myself to get stuff done. I could prob. think of a million other ways I could have spent my Saturday, but I was thankful for the opportunity to have uninterrupted work time! I had everything prepared for the boys and of course a thermos full of hot water for their hot cocoa. Over ten hrs. later, and that bad boy was still hot!
Joel was quite the trooper to take on the task of caring for three boys all day, in and out of car seats, rest stop, putting their snow clothes on, video recording for me, and taking a few pictures-not an easy task by any means! Thank you! :)
Sunday, we picked the girls up after church and headed over to my parent's house to watch the game and have lunch. I could tell a lot of prep time went into making such a nice meal, and we really appreciated it! Homemade rolls, chicken, homemade fruit salad, potatoes, beans and a green salad-awesome!
As I am not a humongous football fan, I too enjoy a game that's 'on the line" and boy, what an amazing finish!!!! Good luck on Saturday Cards-could this be the year!? We hope so. :)
All in all, a very fun weekend!

2 comments:

Michael said...

That's great that Joel got to take the boys sled riding. Looks like they enjoyed it!

Anonymous said...

How fun; a "guys only" day up North!
Looks like the little fellows were enjoying it! Quinn-Man too! I'm sure he was a big help to dad.

Hope the girls had fun at their sleep-overs. I'm sure Mom enjoyed having the house to herself!

Grandma Donna