Sunday, October 31, 2010

Treat or Trick!

I unfortunately, have not posted in a little while.....if I would have looked a little harder I would have found the usb cable and posted. Oh well, here's what 's been happening the past two weeks for us in a nut shell: Quinn had a "Poetry Cafe" at his school, where the kids composed their own poetry and read it for the parents. It was a fun environment that consisted of all the desks covered in black table cloths and flowers and an electric candle on them. It was supposed to have the feel of poetry readings in coffee shops like in the 1960's. We would snap for the kids, instead of clapping and it must have been one of the kid's grandpas, kept saying, "Cool daddio!" The parents also had an opportunity to read any poetry that they had wrote as well.

Joel, the twins, Mikaila and Quinn made it to Kaleb's soccer game, last weekend and enjoyed being able  to do that. I was getting some shopping done and so I unfortunately missed it!
Last Sat. we had fam over and just hung out and played Rate Your Mate.....Wow, the things you learn about your family. Some a little embarrasing and some maybe alittle on the boring side, but I think in the end Joel and I tied with them. So, that's great that they did so well after only a year and a half of marriage! I think Joel and I need to review the cards a head of time and make sure we have all our answers matching before company comes over next time!! That's not cheating...ok it is.
Last Sunday, we just hung out around the house after church and Ashleigh's friend came over and Joel through some steaks on the ol' bar b q and dogs.

Ok, we are now caught up to this weekend! Friday, a friend of mine sent me a  last minute invite to go meet her and her kids at the park for a playdate, so we had fun doing that.
Saturday, was the great event put on by Moon Valley Church! So much for the kids to do, and so much time and organization went into making it such a fun event, once again. The little guys enjoyed the cotton candy, snow cones, popcorn, hamburgers and hot dogs, and of course all the bounce houses to go play on! They wanted to go on the riding bull, but I left that up to Quinn, Ashleigh and Matt to do! Mikaila was thrilled to be able to hang out with cousin Katee for most of the day, then we dropped her off at a friend's house to have some more fun at Goodyear ballpark and a sleepover.
Today, is FINALLY Halloween and my little children can now officially stop asking Mommy, "How many more days till we go trick or treating?!" Once they staredt getting their costumes on, the anticipation grew even more! This year, just the twins and Mikaila chose to dress up, which is totally fine :) Before we took the younger ones trick or treating, we dropped Quinn and Ashleigh off at Matt's family's house and they were going to go "trunk or treating" at their church nearby. We had a lot of fun going around with the kids and stopped by one of Joel's employees houses'. She was so excited to have us visit, and she was just as  sweet as can be, and made each of our five kids goody bags.



























Well, we can now officially cross Halloween off our list, and you know as well as I do, that Christmas has a way of creeping up so fast-I think Miss Mikaila told me there are 54 more days!! Holidays are great, I look forward to them every year! :) Have a great week!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great costumes!


Donna

Anonymous said...

Is that Joel's friend Maria??


Donna

Times 6 said...

The kids all look great in their Halloween costumes, I like the candy corn witch costume, very cool. Buzz and Woody are adorable. Quinn looks so confident and handsome in front of his class reading poetry! What a fun thing to do, I hope you are all doing well and enjoy the holidays!

OneHappyfamily said...

Cute costumes. Way to go Quinn on the poetry. Just got Uncle Tim a Superman Tee for Christmas. Sshhhhh dont tell him. Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving.