Friday, July 22, 2011

Our East Coast Trip

Joel and I went on a trip to the east coast for ten days last month, we had a wonderful time! Each year for our aniv. we usually get away for a day or two, but this year we were thrilled to be able to take an extended trip together. Our kids stayed with family, and we were so grateful for all of the effort and love that was shown towards them during our time away!

We flew into Baltimore on June 5th, and took about a 20 minute drive from the airport to stay with Joel's stepsister and her hubby and two kids. We just stayed the one night and headed out the next morning to drive to Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia. Before getting to Williamsburg, we made a impromto stop for a few hours to Washington D.C. and were so glad we did!
We stayed at a beautiful hotel and would have stayed there a little longer but, we only planned to stay just the one night, visit Williamsburg the next day and then head to Virginia Beach. Being right on the beach, was so beautiful and relaxing! Walking on the beach  together, doing a little shopping and dinner that night was great. Joel was a little disappointed that the hotel didn't offer room service, but that was no biggee, we still had a wonderful time.
That afternoon, we headed towards Pennsylvania and it took about five hrs to get there, but on our way there, I stumbled upon my favorite country store in Maryland! Ahhhhh! Of course, I had to buy a few things and look at all the things that I would have loved to have gotten!
We arrived in Pa early that eve, and stayed with my mom's cousin and his wife. Such wonderful hosts and we were so grateful for their hospitality! Alot was done while we were in Pa....visited Valley Forge,all of the beautiful historical sights of Philadelphia, Lancaster and surrounding areas. Never a dull moment, so much to take in and enjoy. The little town of Phoenixville, where are family lives is just three miles from Valley Forge and is very quaint and charming. We took in a movie at a theater that was over a 100 years old! I've never seen the Blob, but apparently part of the Blob was filmed at that theater.They also took us to a little diner called the "G Lodge" and a scene from one of M Knight Shimalan's movies was filmed there...I forget the name of it.
Of course we had to get our cheese steak while we were back there, and see the "Rocky" statue as well. There's many more things that I could prob. talk about that we did, but this was the "core" events that happened
All and all, a great and memorable trip, but it's always great to be back home!
























































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome trip! I'm so glad you two were able to get away. I so enjoyed the kids and I hope they weren't too bored at Grandma's house. Great pics! I wanna go too!

Mom/Donna

OneHappyfamily said...

great pics