Sunday, August 14, 2011

Our Journey Through Life.....Starting School!

We have officially had our kids back to school for a week now-they started Aug 8th and 9th (for Ashleigh). As we have talked about starting Kindergarten with the twins for months now, I can't believe the day finally arrived last week. Before they actually started school,  a sort of mental "slide show" went through my head and I started to cry.  I remembered the wonderful night, we were blessed with our two little premies. Then just a few short months later, those guys were "stealing" peas off each other's trays, then onto their first steps, then the potty training days, and of  course, all of the errands we did together.....and now the first time has come, that they have been separated for the first time in five years. I wanted it that way though, I wanted them to find independence, but still enjoy getting to play together at recess and at home. So far, it's going just how I was hoping it would! We're very grateful.

Mikaila is in 5th grade, and enjoying her teacher very much-she got the teacher we had requested. Mrs. Zelaya is super fun and outgoing and has a love for reading books, just like Mikaila...a perfect match!

Quinn is at the middle school this year, and I think for something that can be a little intimidating, he's doing great!  Fortunately he knows quite a few kids from the previous school years. Hey, he must not be doing too bad, somebody already slipped a note in his locker, saying that they liked him! :)

Ashleigh is a sophmore this year and loves to be back with all of her friends! She is taking several "honors" classes and I hope she does well with that, I know it can be tough! One of the classes she is taking is engineering, and she says her teacher is really nice-so that's definately a plus!

As for me, I am thoroughly enjoying my time to myself. My normal schedule in the morning is drop off the three younger ones a little before 8:00, then I drop Ashleigh off at the highschool, and then I need to kill time for about a half an hour, to then drop Quinn off. Next, I go walking in Verrado for about 30-40 minutes and then either run errands or head home. At home, there's always plenty to do (believe me)....cleaning, bathrooms, vacuuming, dusting, laundry....it truly is endless, so for those that are bored at home (which seems impossible to me) you are more than welcome to come\do chores with me! :)
I actually enjoy the cleaning, when I don't have to juggle taking care of the little guys as well.
So cheers, to us making it this far in this journey called life! We are so grateful!
Have a wonderful week-especially to those kids who are just starting school tomorrow :)


Open House for the elementary school.....
Grandma visiting :)

Mom came over to see the kids, and visit Joel for his b-day. (Ashleigh was still in Oregon)
Some waffles before their first day at school. Are they really that good?!! :)
"Bobby" helping Camden with his socks and shoes-busy morning!
Proud of these guys!
Miakila and the twins at the elem sch.
;
I really like this one of the twinsies!

After sch. snack at Bashas
Camden was zonked after school-poor guy!
Such a great boy!

Daddy helping Quinn with his locker combo....
Ashleigh "let" me take her pick before school-1st day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for including me in their 1st morning of school. It was so special to see them off. They are BIG BOYS now! Sniff, sniff :(

Donna/Mom

OneHappyfamily said...

Glad things went smoothly! Here's to a great year!

Katie said...

Ash looks so cute, did she dye her hair?? The twinkies are too cute. Mikaila, beautiful as ever. And um Quinn...did you grow like ten feet!!

Times 6 said...

Hope they are all enjoying school!