Tuesday, December 20, 2011

December 20, 1995

At 4:54 p.m. on December 20th, I gave birth to a 7 lb 14 oz. baby girl. Would her name be Lauren Ashleigh, or Ashleigh Lauren? Well, we all know what I decided on, but it seriously did drive me crazy wondering which name I loved more at the time. I loved the spelling "leigh", I knew someone that spelled it that way and I thought it was pretty! If you ask her now, she prob hates it because, I guess people in high school just haven't learned  how to pronounce "leigh"yet!!

Anyways, being a single mom for the first few years of her life, definately had it's challenges, but I'm so grateful for the help that I had, and the job that allowed me to provide for her!
So, it meant living in a one bedroom apartment and putting her toddler bed in my closet. If you ask me, it was resourceful, and cozy all at the same time! Hey, you do what you have to do.

Each new milestone was exciting, including taking her to her very first movie when she was three....a Bug's Life. We've experienced MANY milestones since that first movie, Kindergarten graduation, learning to ride a bike, first sleepover, first dance, sports, 8th grade graduation and now the ups and downs of being a teenager! Let's not even bring up the topic of boys-who needs em'?!!

So, if my calculations are correct, that will put me at 37 when she graduates from high school (tough math) so hey, I'm still young! Let's just not calculate how old I will be when the twins graduate from highschool!

So, cheers to being 16!!!!! Enjoy!


















4 comments:

Times 6 said...

Happy Birthday Asleigh!

Anonymous said...

What would I do without the Ash-Meister!!!


Grandma Donna

Katie said...

sweet 16, time flies. she was so tiny at your wedding!! before you know it she will be in college!! <3

Anonymous said...

Very proud of the lovely young lady you've become Ashaleena!

Grandma Donna
XOXOXOXOXOXOX