Monday, January 12, 2009

We're Back!

Quinn's gift to Mikaila-cute little dog.

The twins eating lunch yesterday at "Bobby's"


Casey eating lunch. Mmmmm....



New Years Eve...Welcome 2009!





Casey building w/ blocks, big brother is the supervisor.


Let me first apologize for those of you that follow are blog, and you have been seeing the same thing for probably the past three weeks now! I usually don't take that long to update it, but I knew I would have to change the background (I may not even get that part done today), get rid of my Christmas music, remove the video clips and quite frankly, it just got put off! It seems like so much has happened in just a few weeks. The two weeks that Joel and the kids were home was very nice and I didn't have that feeling that you sometimes get of it flying by. It was good. New years eve. wasn't spent in New York's Time Square, but maybe someday..... I don't know it looks pretty cold there, maybe we'll visit in the summertime. Our evening was spent with my brother and his family. Then, Ashleigh had her friend spend the night and they beggggged me to put the tent out in our backyard and "camp" out all night. We were all up till about 1:15 a.m. and that's practically amazing for our little Mikaila, she's a girl that loves her beauty sleep!!!
This past Saturday, Quinn & Ashleigh went up north to go sledding, and from what they told me, it was sooo cold and windy and kind of hard to walk in the snow. I think all our bodies are so used to all the "roasting" we do in the summertime, that it's not always too easy to be in the snow-even though it can be a blast sometimes! :)
I took Mikaila to her friend Bailey's b-day party which was at the roller skating place and she then spent the night at Bailey's place with some of her other good friends. She called us Sat. night and was talking a mile a minute of all the fun she was having and, and and, and!! Oh yeah, we gave the boys their hair cuts too. Believe me, when I say it's certainly not the activity that we look forward to doing! Itchy, hairy little boys, who would much rather be playing or doing anything other than getting their hair cut.

Yesterday we were gone from 9:30 in the morning till about 8:00 at night. I was so ready to hit the hay come 9:00! It was good visiting with everybody and the kids loved being back to visit their old friends at church- who are very much missed!

4 comments:

A Full House said...

Did Quinn and Mikaila or Quinn and Ash go sledding?
Thanks for the update. I was going into Russell withdraws. Glad to catch a few minutes with you all yesterday.

Stacey said...

I just figured you had been very busy with the Holidays and all. Got your Christmas letter and enjoyed reading that. Sounds like you stay pretty busy with life. Your kids are absolutely adorable!

OneHappyfamily said...

Welcome back! Cute background.

Michael said...

Glad to have the updates. It's always nice reading your blog. Sounds like you're all doing good. Sledding & camping out sound like a blast, but it's really cold here in Cleveland. Temperature right now is 2 degrees. Enjoy the winter in Arizona!