The past few days our family, or just Joel and I have decided to get our selves moving and get some exercise by walking. You wouldn't hink one could get lost in their own neighborhood, but hey I proved that theory wrong the other night! (at leat it turned out to be more exercise than we planned on!)
I really was quite dedicated to the whole boring low carb, plenty of exercise and lots of water routine this past fall. I probably shed 8-9 pounds and felt pretty good. Well, when you do the same thing over and over every day, you tend to (or at least I do) get sick of it!! I began to get out of my routine, soda mysteriously somehow creept back into our pantry and a few other yummy things. Boy, did that feel good to just eat and not feel like I was breaking any rules, cause hey, I didn't have any!
O.k. so as we were at church this past Sunday the msg, was on taking care of your body and making the best choices possible. Greaaaat, that means the soda I just bought a week ago will come with a BIG guilt trip if I have it now!
Honestly though, I was glad to start walking again and it's so much nicer to walk outside (providing the weather here isn't 100 degrees out. Also not having to stare at my boring white wall in my bedroom is a plus also!) It felt like San Diego weather this morning-so perfect!
If the message from church wasn't enough, I also have my sister's wedding to look presentable for in March and also Joel and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary in May. He's been thinking about this big event for the past few years now and came home yesterday with some plans. Nothing hotter than a husband with romantic plans up his sleeve! Anyways, it should be exciting to hopefully go up the coast of Northern California in hopefully a convertible-red would be lovely!
I think you're caught up now. Oh, btw,
Saturday night we get to help make my sister feel special this weekend with her 20th birthday (times 2.) :)
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like a fun time. Way to go Joel!
Love just walking around the neighborhood or riding bikes around with my boys.... love it. The anniversary plans sound like fun and tell Tam I said Happy Birthday!!! If you need to borrow a convertible, mine is not red but certainly available to you. Clay calls it the chick car because its a convertible and because my license plate says CHERSHD (stand for Cherished.... Clay got it for me last Valentines) but I told him the license was his fault and incidentally it IS a chick car!
A red convertible sounds sweet to me! Is there room for a mother-in-law in the back seat?? Kidding!!!
Donna/Mom
Post a Comment