About a year ago, I had seen a documentary on John Dillenger and found it quite interesting. Time went by and I didn't think too much more about him or the details that I learned that day. Well, a movie came out this summer, and I'm embarrassed to say I can't even remember what it was called... I regained that interest that I had a year prior. I decided to get a book about his life from the library and take a shot at reading it. I have been known to get things from the library and start it and not find it interesting enough to finish, but with this book it wasn't the case! Let me just say, it certainly wasn't a "feel good" novel! There was however, a sense of amazement that this one criminal could go on for as long as he did and slipped though the authorities hands more times than you could imagine! It makes you stop and wonder why someone decides to go down the path that they do..... and in his case, he was the most wanted man in America during the time of the great depression! It was said, that due to the death of his mother at such a young age (he was only 4) it made an obvious void and negative impact on his life. My point wasn't to nescesarily talk about the book, but more the fact that it was 300 pages and I read it from cover to cover and felt like it was a small accomplishment.
At the moment I am half way through a book about the Duggar family and what makes them tick. It certainly is a much more encouraging and motivational read than my previous book. It's definately hard to fit everything into the day with 5 kids, but anytime you can learn something new in your life, it's a great feeling and worth making the time for!
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hear the Duggar's are expecting number 19?!?
Donna
It is Public Enemies, looked good bit I dont care for Depp. Good for you. I just read about a women who escaped the Uganda Genocide. Her whole family perished. Tough to read about, but good to know.
Post a Comment