Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Changes

Well, last week the kids had Veteran's Day off and Quinn had a buddy spend the night. They always get along well, and don't have to constantly be doing something to be content.
I'm not even sure how many months have passed with Ashleigh begging to switch rooms. Now, I ask myself why would someone want to switch rooms, when you have the largest out of the bedrooms-next to ours?!!! She said she got tired of everyone waking her up early in the morning downstairs, and she wanted a smaller room, and she always wanted to be upstairs. Hmmmm....I was even willing to paint the room downstairs-but hey, if she still wasn't going to be happy, why should I bother? So, all that to say, that's how last Wednesday was spent-switching rooms. Yes, I finally gave in -after a year of her begging and pleading. Quinn now has her old room and lucky for me, he likes the paint colors I like. It's cool how you can go online and see how a room will look with different paint colors. So, once I finish with our kitchen, hopefully his room will be next :)

Another change we made, was making the decision to get rid of our cable. It was one of those things that you talk about forever, and never "pull the plug". Well, with an extreme motivation to make extra payments on things (braces for example) we couldn't honestly justify keeping cable for the mere pleasure and convenience of having it. Knowing that it meant we would have no t.v. seemed like a strange idea. Honestly though, the kids still have plenty of dvd's and even the shows they watched on Nickelodeon and Disney, we just check out from the library. So not to worry, the Russell's arn't totally living in a cave, and obviously we still have high speed internet-so Joel can still get the play by play of what's happening in the sports world!

Lastly, we were able to put our litter of kitty's up for adoption through Pet Smart, so thank goodness we are down to 2 cats! Poor Bella, she still has an excess of milk since the kittens are no longer nursing from her and I thought I would help her out by wrapping her up tight so she could dry up! Hey, I had know idea what to do for a cat but it was funny seeing her try to walk around last night, I should say roll around last night! Poor thing couldn't walk, so there went that idea!! Why did I even tell you this-I have no idea!!

The boys like to tell me how to get home (turn here, or go straight ect.) so the other day they safely got us home, and I told them they were both very good navigators, and they proceeded to ask me, "What kind of
ALI GATORS?) :)
Then Cam was walking bare foot in the garage, and I told him don't walk in your bare feet, he then tells me-their not BEAR"S feet, their mine! :)

You just never know what's going to come out of a three year old's mind! :)
Have a great week!!

5 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

That was nice of you to let them switch rooms. She talked about it all the time. I hope she likes it up there. Can't say I know another kid that would say that they wanted a smaller room...

Glad you got rid of the cable... Joel watched too much tv... ;) Just kidding Joel!

That is great you were able to adopt out the cats. No doubt that had to be stressful having that many... Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Out of the mouths of babes! Those comments made by the twins are so
precious! You should keep a notebook of their funny sayings.

I'd say Quinn got the best end of the deal on the room swap. I thought he'd have to wait until she left for college to get that room!

Donna

Anonymous said...

Regarding cable TV; it's over rated any way. We have about 70 channels and many times there is nothing worthwhile on any of them! I'm proud of your disciplined methods to get bills paid off! You'll be happier in the long run! I think Joel may have a little of his "accountant" mom in him! ha ha ha.

Donna

Joel said...

I can't take all the credit. My wife orchestrated most of the cost savings.

Anonymous said...

Yay for "frugal" Mary!

Mom