Friday, August 8, 2008

Crazy Night!

Last night's storm was a tad bit crazy, to say the least! It seamed like it started with some lighting, which seamed soooo close and then the next thing I knew wind was whipping up and rain coming down. The boys were in bed at 8:00, I had Mikaila tucked in and about to leave her room and THEN....lights go out, the twins start crying, I'm trying to feel my way to them, I thought I hear Joel yell "Fire!", Ashleigh's trying to make her way out of the bathroom, all the while getting tootpaste in her hair!! Very chaotic trying to get the kids downstairs to see what was going on-even though I couldn't see! Quinn was scared and started to tear up a little. Lucky for us we actually had one bright flashlight that worked, and we could at least round up a few candles to light the house a bit. I knew I loved candles for a reason! Anyways, now that everyone was downstairs in the family room, we were watching the storm and all the lighting and wind. The next thing I know, our trampoline in the backyard was LIFTED up and going up over our block wall into the neighbors yard!!!! It's a twista, it's a twista! Well, I guess that's one way to meet the new neighbors, Oh, hi nice to meet you and by the way, can we get our trampoline that flew into your backyard?! It's actually kind of funny, and one of those moments that I'm sure we won't soon forget.

Tonight's the first night of the Olympics-I've always loved watching them and love all the patriotism that goes along with it all! I love the gymnastics, I always wished I was petite like all those girls, it looks like so much fun. Swimming is prob. my next fav. sport to watch. Go U.S.A.!

3 comments:

OneHappyfamily said...

Bummer! Heard about the storm on the news. Opening ceremony was lame. Tim said "did we subject people to this much torture when we had them in Atlanta?"

A Full House said...

This is a cute background!

Stacey said...

I can't believe Shawnette thought the opening ceremony was lame... I actually thought it was pretty cool. Oh well. I do love the olympics and always wished I could be a gymnast, too! They are so stinking cute ;o)