Monday, August 25, 2008

A week prob. just like the rest of you!

Hi,
Well, we had a pretty typical week with school, work, daily chores, bedtime, & friends over. Actually, Quinn was being picked up by a new friend & his Dad from school on Saturday for a play date or whatever you want to call it! I asked the Dad about what time should we pick him up ( thinking 3-4pm), and he says about 6-7pm. Now, that could be a VERY long day for the Dad if for some reason they didn't get along or whatever. I think that's how Moms & Dads think differently....mom's would prob cut the day quite a bit shorter and see how things go, but Dads typically are fly by the seat of their pants kind and just go with whatever happens-which isn't always a bad thing. We get a phone call around 6 that eve. (thinking it's time to go get him) and the Dad asks if Quinn can stay till 8pm-good grief!!! They obviously had a fun time together-& didn't even get around to going swimming. We're glad he has found some new friends at school.

I'm sad to say, tha my camera "magically" is not working right now & yes, I have tried numerous sets of batteries. Which means, I'm obviously unable to post new pictures at the moment. It's a bummer-becasue isn't the real reason why we check out blogs is to see pictures!? In fact, I wish I could have taken a picture of Casey tonight at dinner eating his spaghetti-very....... well, I'll leave that up to you to imagine what his little face looked like!
Yes, it was cute!

My phrase for the week "Pay It Forward" It's a cool feeling when you do something nice for a complete stranger. It could be as simple as waving to them or letting them go ahead of you at the store.

4 comments:

Justin Hansen said...

Next time you go through a drive thru pay for the person behind you. Then the next person may do the same. It is a cool feeling.

A Full House said...

Your kittens are getting so big!

I just read Justin's comment. I did that at Starbucks a couple of times.

Stacey said...

It always feels nice to do something for someone else. What a blessing! Your kids are all so cute!!

Susie said...

I've been on the giving and receiving side of this idea! I love being able to surprise someone but what a blessing to receive, as well! God is good!