Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Little Overwhelmed.....

Friday morning for me was quite busy, it all started with Joel unfortunately not being able to find any keys at 4:30 in the morning! I groggily go downstairs, and just take the set off of mine and give it to him-who knows where the other set is at this point. I crawl back in bed and about an hour later I hear Casey up, it's only 5:45 am. I try to pretend I don't hear him but know I might as well get up soon and go to the grocery store, before they go to school. We certainly don't want any child to go without eating cereal for a morning.

Being that Mikaila was going to be receiving a student of the month award at school at 9:15, I already had planned on them going to school late. As I'm in tow with the twins in their cafeteria, I quickly realize I don't see Camden!! At first I thought Quinn was with him sitting down with his class-nope! I'm beginning to get a little panicky and start looking for him and telling Mikaila's teacher that I don't see him!! She actually was the one to find him-thank God! I now have both of them with me sitting on the cafeteria floor, until Camden decides to get up and walk out of the caf. doors-ok. that means I have to leave Casey and run after Camden! Then I want to get a picture of Mikaila and her award-that means leaving them for 30 seconds again. Are you beginning to catch on, it's kind of difficult w/ 2 two year olds against 1 mom! We get home, I put them down for their nap, thinking they got up early and should sleep a long time-hmmm.. I'm outside and I see the door open with Camden handing the phone to me saying"here Mommy" Why was he already up?-An hour nap!!!! When Mamma's not happy, nobody's happy!

Soooooo,

We had to have a little family meeting that night to discuss DAILY chores, not just sometimes. Thank you for everyone pitching in, it really does make a huge difference. Ok...I'm done.

4 comments:

Times 6 said...

I am sorry to hear you are feeling overwhelmed. It must be hard with the twins, you do an amazing job! I hope your family meeting worked!

A Full House said...

Courtney's been saying that when she has kids, she wants twins. Maybe you should have her babysit a few times. =}
Hang in there...before you know it the boys will be in school and you'll probably go nuts because it's too quiet around the house.
See you guys on Saturday?

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I still want twins even after reading your story! So....we have tried the family meeting a couple times and it generally produces results for at least a period of time. Then we have to meet again to remind everyone (boys) of what was said at the last family meeting. I can tell you that my boys had extremely abbreviated chores yesterday (cuz we had Tim/Shawnie and family to dinner and I wanted to get the downstairs done before the boys even got out of school) and they STILL didn't do a great job. We will be discussing that sometime soon when I am not so tired. For right now, I have to do some stuff and then get a nap before mine get home from school

OneHappyfamily said...

How about if I come out on Friday Morning after I drop off the kids and play with the boys for the day while you go have some girl time somewhere? I would love to! Let me know...