Saturday, I decided to make some different muffins and keep a nice supply in the freezer so the kids could just pull them out in the mornings for something quick to eat. I had a box that had been in the pantry for a while and so I decided to make that (apple cinnamon) and then I looked in my lovely new cookbook (thanks mom) and decided to make oatmeal muffins and added mushed bananas to them. After they came out of the oven I melted butter, dipped the tops in it and then dipped it in sugar-the kids liked them. I ended up making two batches of the oatmeal banana. Then I decided to make conrbread muffins to be able to heat up with dinner sometime. THEN, Ashleigh wanted to make brownies, so we also put those in the muffin tins-oh my goodness-sooo yummy, no really! I don't know how many of you ever watch the food network, ( I just started to) but oh boy, do I love watching Paula Dean!!! Good 'ol southern gal who will make you feel all warm and fuzzy and wish you could just go to her house for dinner, or any other time for that matter. I think I need to buy her book!
That night we went to church and then Mikaila spent the night at the neighbor's house across from us. In Ashleigh's youth group at church they are having a contest of who can put together the best movie, so she brought her friend with us that night and they were all pumped about making this movie! I only have about a 30 second debut in it-I guess they don't appreciate my acting skills! I'm sure they'll have fun with it.
Sunday Joel, Quinn and the Hansen men & John went to the last D-Backs game of the season. (Male bonding time). I'm glad they got to do that.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Reading this reminded me that I wanted to make bread this week. Hmmm...maybe on Sunday!
Good idea- freezing the muffins for the kids to have for breakfast. One day of baking equals many days of breakfast.
Sounds yummy!
Post a Comment