Tuesday, September 9, 2008

P.O.M. (Parents of Multiples)

Tonight was the first night we were able to make it to a function with a group for parents with multiples. Each month they get together to have a speaker, or family night, or Christmas parties, or huge garage sales, ect.. I had been wanting to get together with other moms since our guys were very little, but it just didn't happen. Anyways, I knew from their newsletter that they would be having thier family picnic at the same park we took the kids to a couple of weeks ago -where they had a blast getting wet. So, even though we didn't know a soul there, I knew that at the very least everyone would have fun getting wet and playing.
It really was great to meet others with twins. There's a little over 20 familes in this club. Alot of them, or at least the ones that made it tonight had pretty little ones (6-8 weeks old). I look back, and even though it hasn't been that long ago, it really is such a blur! It's just like that, when you have to have a routine and get everything done as best as you can & caring for two! I met a mom whos husband is a pilot and is gone 21 DAYS out of the month! Doesn't that make you grateful for your husband, it does for me!
Even though it's not always easy going somewhere where you don't know anybody, this certainly was a great ice breaker and I'm sure we will be doing many more things in the future with them!