Sunday, November 9, 2008

Our Week In Review

Well, last week Quinn was home from school just one day-his stubborn cough seems to creep up, oh too often! It was nice just to read to him and eat lunch together over a bowl of chicken soup.

That was the same day that Ashleigh decided to try out for the girls basketball team at school. The day before Joel took her down to our neighborhood court and practiced a few things with her. I was so anxious to hear how she did the next day, but I didn't want her to feel pressured-
she made the first cuts!!!! So now, she has one more day this coming week to hopefully make the final cuts. I'm just really proud that she tried out at all, she said there was between 40-50 girls that tried out!
Sat. Joel's cousin Kat came over, and the two of us decided to go to one of my favorite stores in downtown Glendale. Oh yeah, Ashleigh came too and loaded up on the holiday refreshments that The Apple Tree was serving-you would think the girl hadn't eaten in 10 years! Things are definately overpriced there, but I didn't want to walk out totally empty handed, so I just bought a Christmas dish towl. Real exciting , I know... Oh well, the main thing was we had a fun day together and Quinn had fun having Kaleb spend the night.
Today we took the kids to the late service at church, went for lunch, and tried to find the twins some tennies. I'm so picky, so even after three stores, they still didn't have any new shoes-how sad is that!
Back to school tomorrow, and then the kids will be off Tuesday. Hoping to make some little gingerbread men, because I would like to make a cute Christmas garland. Notice I said "hoping" to make, life is busy at our house with 5 kids, but I have holiday stuff I really would love to get rolling on! You can check back later in the week to see if I was able to work on things.
Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

OneHappyfamily said...

Way to go Ashleigh! Good luck in the next phase. Cute towel Mare. I need to get over there. I have a GC to use.