Monday, November 24, 2008

"Parents Shouldn't Get Sick"

Over the weekend the lovely stomach bug hit our house...Quinn had a touch of it last week, but we all were fine. Saturday came, & I thought oh, I'm prob. just kind of crampy with well....you know. Anyways, it didn't take long for me to realize that I was sick, then Ashleigh, then after Casey got up from his nap, there was evidence that he was sick too! Good grief, we were all just fine 24hrs ago! I honestly couldn't even get up off the couch, and Ashleigh would call from her cell phone to the house phone to tell us that she threw up-just what you wanted to know, I'm sure.
Fortunately, yesterday I was at least able to get up and do a few things. Yes, it's time to praise my husband and thank him for ALL the things he did on Sat. even though he didn't feel that great himself. I guess, it just boils down to who's the sickest! Poor Quinn started crying because he felt bad that everyone was sick and thought it was because of him. Mikaila told me last light that parents shouldn't get sick. I said why? and she said, "Because we have to eat frozen dinners, and you won't be able to come to my Thanksgiving day feast at school and I forget what the other thing was that she said. She's absolutely right. I hate feeling like I can't take care of what needs to be taken care of.
Well, on to funner topics....I DID feel up to going to the kid's school today. I helped in Mikaila's classroom for a little while and enjoyed seeing what takes place at school during the day. I stopped by the cafeteria to say hi to Quinn, then waited till Ashleigh's lunch time to pay her a visit. Of all days, she said she had to run over two miles in PE, just as she's barely feeling better!
The twins were a big hit at school, especially with Jr. High girls. "Oooh there so cute!' "Are those your brothers Ashleigh?"
They were the little/BIG men on campus today!

2 comments:

A Full House said...

I agree Mikaila, parents shouldn't get sick! I hope everyones feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Mikaila... parents definitely shouldn't get sick... mostly mommys because then there is no one to take care of everyone else!!! Love your Christmas decor on your page... love it, love it, love it!!! Hope everyone is feeling better by now and that you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving!