This week has gone by prety fast, and even though there were no trips booked to Hawaii, I think the kids have had a fun time. Sleepovers, birthday party, "playing restaurant", going on the trampoline, & going to the zoo.
It's better than being at school, right?
Making sure I was prepared to take the kids to the zoo, took a little bit of time, but really wasn't too bad. Lunches, water bottles and baths were taken care of the night before, and so that just meant getting everyone ready in the morning and throwing the wagon in the van. Ok, the agreed meeting time was 9:00 a.m. and I got there at 9:03, but hopefully I made it within the "grace period".
Quinn was showing Camden some old zoo pictures that he had taken from a dif. time, and Camden freaked out about seeing the peacock picture and insisted he did NOT want to see it at the zoo! Both him and Casey wanted to see the zebras and that was what they were waiting for most of the morning. Yes, the zoo did get a little warm, but I would much rather have it that way, than cold and miserable-perfect weather for me! :) It's always hard when you go to places where there's other things to buy .......rides, souvenirs, special drinks or food. You don't want to be a cheapskate with your kids, BUT there's also a lesson to be learned with being smart with your money. I think the icees at the zoo were $4.00 each and so you figure 5 kids and myself, that's $24.00 to do that,
Thank you Mom & Dad for being so generous with taking EVERYONE to the zoo and making family a priority :)
P.S. Yes Quinn gave me permission to use his "Pants on the Ground" picture from American Idol.
























4 comments:
Fun time at the zoo! Our company picnic was there on March 6th. I hadn't been there is about 6 yrs.
Most animals were hiding or snoozing but it was still fun to walk the zoo. Did the little guys go to the petting zoo? (mostly just goats)
Donna
I am going to start calling this the heavy petting zoo!
As soon as I saw him with his pants down, I knew it had to be pants on the ground! That was too funny!!
Looks like you had a great time at the zoo with your family. It's neat to see pictures of your Mom and Dad. I remember them from when I was a little girl in children's church and Awana!
Post a Comment