Thursday, March 4, 2010

Catching Up










I know, it's been forever since I have made any updates....the true fact of the matter is that I hate the look of my blog and it's hard to really get excited about doing it, when it looks well.... boring! Yes, I have changed my blog backgrounds many times, BUT for whatever reason, when I try to change it, it won't show any text or pictures-who knows what the problemo is!
Anyways, we keep busy each and every day-there's never a dull moment. Quinn is still going to play practice four days a week and Joel has been so good about picking the kids up from school and then turning right back around to go to practice. Today, I will probably be the one to take Quinn, in hopes that Joel will hang a chandelier up for me. (Paleeeeeese! :) Yes, I do like to go to used stores once or twice a month, well in my hunting I found a chandelier that was a bit outdated, but I thought I could give it a little makeover and have it look presentable. That's what I finally got around to doing earlier in the week-I really do like how it turned out! (if it gets hung up-I'll post a picture).
About a week and a half ago, Ashleigh had her awards banquet at school-nothing formal, just a nice time of recognizing the accomplishments of all the b-ball players (boys & girls). She did tryout for softball, but didn't make it...the gal who is coaching the girls softball just recently got married to one of the players from the San Diego Padres. Please don't ask me his name, I know it's Sean Cazmere or something like that. Well, he was at the tryouts, and threw some crazy pop flys for the girls to try and catch. Even though she didn't make it, she wasn't really bummed and talked about possibly trying out for Trac-We're proud of her!

Last Friday, Mikaila got to go to Rebecca's birthday sleepover and was a good girl and went to bed at 11:30-that was a SHOCKER, considering a different time when she was over there, it was ONE in the morning! Poor John comes out of the bedroom to find the girls up and ready to play a game of checkers!! Are they nuts?! Maybe it was a caffeine high!

I can't believe the crazy month of birthdays/anniversaries is now approaching-spring is such a great time to spend outside-I actually made it to the Mom and tots group at church yesterday & not one person was there!!! Ok, if you'll remember, I attempted to do this about 2 months ago and it didn't work out. So, once again my plan B was take the boys to the park in our neighborhood. I met another stay at home mom who like me, really needs more "adult time" during the day. I'm glad the boys seemed to have fun playing...we still need to slowly "pry" them away from each other so they'll want to be with other kids. The little girl at the park asked the boys to "watch her" and Casey told her "NO, I don't want to", and went off with Camden.LOL .... Not that I EVER want my kids to be mean to other kids, BUT there is just something different when you are a twin, and are with each other ALL of the time-you gravitate towards each other,even in a group setting at church.
I think separate clases will be in order, come Kindergarten. I know from reading in twins magazines that some parents are "for that" and others think that is definitely not the way to go. However, we are talking a classroom, not being in two different homes, there love/annoyance for each other won't go away, just becasue they will have a break from each other. Until that time, I just try to keep encouraging them to play with other kids. :)

P.S. Thank you to my brother for being such a sweet delivery man and bringing the table and chairs to us!!!!!! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What table & chairs?


Donna

OneHappyfamily said...

Cute cuts. Sorry the play date didn't work out! Can't wait to see the light. Let's see what else... Oh yeah, your delivery man is hot!

Anonymous said...

Ash, I love that photo of you & your friend. You are looking soooooo grown up lately!!

Love, Grandma Donna

Anonymous said...

Mary, when are you gonna come and decorate my house?? I have no talent in that area! You and Jen have all the good ideas and know-how.


Donna

Russell Fam. said...

If you know what you want done, just let me know & I'll do it!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I just may take you up on that deal. I could use some painting and/or wall papering. Probably a ton of other stuff too. Let me know your hourly rate!

Donna