Monday, September 20, 2010

33, I mean 34

Well, this weekend marked two big milestones for members of our family. Courtney turned the big 18 and Miss Laynie turned 1. Laynie chose a great day to be born on...which just so happens to be this mama's birthday too. You got to admit 34 really isn't any big deal. it's not 30, 35, or even 40 for that matter. When you are a kid, the first thing you think and plan is what presents am I going to get!!!? As you get older and I use that term loosely, you honestly just appreciate the thoughtfulness that you can tell people extend to you, making your day just a little more special. Is that to say that gifts aren't fun, of course not-who doesn't like to go shopping? Ok, most men don't, but they don't count! All I'm really saying is, it's the little things that matter, and mean so much to me now.
For instance, as I got back from my jog yesterday morning, the kids that were up told me happy birthday right away, and Camden had wrapped two books of his in his blankie and told me that was my present. Mikaila had made me a card and put one of MY magazines and put it in a gift box-it was cute. Then Case felt bad that he didn't have something, and so he went into the playroom and got a little toy puppy, also using the same gift wrap idea as brother, and so I found a puppy wrapped in a cute blanket. These are the things that become memories!


Courtney's party was very cute....red carpet/Hollywood theme. Very creative Aunt Jeni..... the games were fun, the food was delicious, and guest appearances from Ferris Bueller, Charlie Chaplan, James Bond, Audrey Hepburn, Kesha (however you spell it), Kelly Clarkson and anyone else I missed.
Laynie was adorable digging into her lady bug cake-good job mommy!
To a great year!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

A Full House said...

Love the pict of you and your sis!

Anonymous said...

You and Tam look like you are ready to walk the red carpet! Very nice.
Hope you had a nice birthday yesterday. Nice of you to share it with Laynie Bug.

Donna

Times 6 said...

Your kids are so sweet. You do such a good job with them. Hope you had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

It's kind of difficult to read what you've written in the dark blue area of the flag. (black on blue) Of course I have OLD eyes!


Donna

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, much easier to read now!
I LOVE the photo of Casey holding the little puppy.

Donna