Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Their First Time

Cam waiting to go with Grandma for the night :)
Case excited for their sleepover with Grandma!

Friday night Mikaila spent the night at a friend from school's house and enjoyed being able to walk home with her. That's always more exciting than being picked up by mom! As I stared at the clock and saw 5:00 pm, then 5:45 and then 6:15, and hungry family members asked, "Mom, what's for dinner?" I didn't make it to the grocery store that morning and I really didn't feel like doing it then, so that meant we were going out to eat. I wanted to get out of the house anyways, so we picked our not so unusual choice of Chiles. If you're trying to watch what you eat, the "guiltless" chicken sandwhich and steamed broc. isn't half bad. I've gotten it several times and haven't been disappointed. :)

Saturday, I did shopping, picked up Mikaila and gave the boys their much needed haircuts and bath. Tonight they were going to spend the night with Grandma for the first time and then go to a birthday party at Peter Piper on Sunday. We met Grandma, and she took them back to her house from there. They definately enjoyed themselves and have already asked when they can go to Grandma's house again!
I will be totally truthful to say, that it was nice having a little less responsibility for 24 hours......no sandwiches to make, no worrying if the boys would be up before I get back from my walk, no tuck ins, and no booster seats to mess with. So, I'm glad that it worked out all the way around! Everybody needs breaks once in a while :)
Yesterday morning, was a little more hectic than normal.....I decided to get my walk in before taking them to school.  I also wanted to make some muffins, to take over to a couples house that I would be visiting after I dropped the kids off from school. I think I tried to cram too much into the morning, because the kids ended up being a couple minutes late for school......oh well, hopefully they can find it in their hearts to forgive me!



Camden, Casey and Avrey

Camden lovin' his goody bag!!!!!!!!

The Russell men playing out back with chalk.

Our pastors parents-They invited me over, and they live right across the street from the kids' sch.
 They are such an adorable, warm couple!
Casey playing with one of the toy cars they let the boys play with at their house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandma enjoyed having the boo-boo buddy boys for the night! I was relieved that there were NO tears and no one wanted to go home in the middle of the night!


Gr. Donna